Roundtable around collaboration between socio-economic actors and researchers for interdisciplinary solutions in underserved areas.
InterSol2017 will hold a roundtable that brings together researchers and socio-economic actors in underserved areas to exchange and enable interdisciplinary research projects. This roundtable is aimed at community organizations, farmers’ and fishermen’s associations, women’s NGO as well as inventors, researchers and students interested in interdisciplinary research projects targeting underserved areas. It will be a framework for dialog and exchanges and will ultimately allow participants to:
- Identify major development problems facing people in underserved areas;
- Acquire the needed knowledge related to these development issues;
- Develop research programs to overcome the knowledge gap and propose innovative solutions to the identified problems;
- Reflect on actions to promote the proposed solutions and their applications for the benefit of people in underserved areas;
- Explore funding sources/possibilities for the implementation of the innovative solutions and the creation of social businesses and micro enterprises.
This activity is one of the major innovations brought by InterSol2017. It will enable a better knowledge of the needs, opportunities and difficulties facing people in underserved areas. It will offer to researchers a unique opportunity to collaborate with socio-economic actors to develop innovative and interdisciplinary. Finally, it will be an opportunity for socio-economic actors to talk about their work, realizations and difficulties to an international audience.